Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Question before attempting to obtain HiJack Log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Question before attempting to obtain HiJack Log

Unread postby Charlie8311 » November 16th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Hello.. thisis what initially happened with my PC and someone said I likely had some kind of malware.

I have a PC running Vista with 2 harddrives - both internal. I have been using it for quite sometime with no problems.

But all of a sudden I noticed that when my PC came awake after sleeping that the autoplay kept coming on. But I didn't know why. Since then I have started having problems with that drive.. it's running really slow and chkdsk is coming on when I bootup but hanging and never completing.

Now the drive freezes constantly when I try to access files.

It seems that my PC is treating my harddrive like a DVD drive or something. Is there some way to fix this?

I have run a diagnostic program from the drive manufacturer - Western Digital.. checks out fine.

I have an adapter that allows me to use my harddrives as USB drives and i am hoping I can repair them this way -- attached to a uninfected PC... but I will this make the process here any different?
Charlie8311

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Question before attempting to obtain HiJack Log

Unread postby NonSuch » November 17th, 2009, 2:26 am

We see you are currently receiving help here:

http://www.computerforum.com/163973-har ... ectly.html

While we appreciate that you very likely posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response, that only serves to tie up the time of multiple helpers who could be using that time to help someone else who also has problems. Although there are many forums that handle HijackThis logs, there are not so many helpers; most of us help out at several forums. In addition, the results may not work out so well when you're following different instructions from different helpers. They may suggest different approaches for the same problem, all of which may be good; however, system conflicts may arise if different fixes for the same problem are applied simultaneously.

In the future, for your sake as well as ours, please refrain from requesting help from multiple forums. Choose one, and stick with that one until they've resolved your problem.