Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Got rid of the malware, now I need to get desktop back

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Got rid of the malware, now I need to get desktop back

Unread postby Preferred User » October 26th, 2009, 6:52 pm

My physical therapist crashed her computer and being a good guy I offered to help.

When I first booted up the computer I just got the wallpaper no other functionality. System would not boot into Safe Mode without BSOD.

I used UBCD4Win backed up her files and removed the malware and viruses. I imported Registry keys to restore Safe Mode functionality. However I still cannot restore the desktop even in Safe Mode. Also there is no keyboard functionality so I cannot access Task Manager to manually start explorer.exe.

Is there anything short of an OS reinstall to fix this?
Preferred User

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Got rid of the malware, now I need to get desktop back

Unread postby NonSuch » October 27th, 2009, 1:44 am

In order for us to help you it is necessary that you provide us with a HijackThis log. Please follow the guideline at the link below to start a new topic and post your HijackThis log by pasting it into your post. Do not utilize attachments. If the system does not have enough functionality to enable you to use HijackThis to create a log, then a reformat and reinstallation of the operating system may be your best and/or your only option.