Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

google redirect malware?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

google redirect malware?

Unread postby QuietMountain » August 31st, 2009, 5:51 pm

Hi guys. So here's the basic problem. Any time i search something on google, it just redirects me to some stupid site. Aside from that, I somehow have an invisible internet explorer browser running, although I use firefox. (It shows up in the processes but nowhere else) I aluse have tried Ad-aware, and it will find some malware, but when it gets deleted it simply re-appears again. And as if all this wasn't already inconvenient as hell, every once in awhile I'll get a random blue screen of death. So any help you guys could give would be extremely appreciated. I am currently running another scan with ad-aware, so I will post the malware it keeps finding in a later post. Now here's my hijackthis log. Thanks again!! P.S. : Though it says Internet Explorer, I use firefox.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:49:57 PM, on 8/31/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDVDDXSrv] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [XoftSpySE] "C:\Program Files\XoftSpySE6\XoftSpySE.exe" -NM -hidesplash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Slawdog Smart Shutdown] C:\Program Files\Slawdog\Smart Shutdown\Smart Shutdown.exe startup
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupda ... 7024310819
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Eset HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Eset Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: XoftSpyService - ParetoLogic Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\XoftSpySE\6\xoftspyservice.exe

--
End of file - 4567 bytes
QuietMountain

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: google redirect malware?

Unread postby Bob4 » September 4th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Sorry for the delay. We get a bit busy here at times.

The fixes we will use are specific to your problems and should only be used for this issue on this machine.

Please only use this topic to reply to. Do not start another thread.
If any other issues arise let me know.
The process is not instant.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear.
Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
So lets do this to the end!

• Save and quit any work your doing before beginning the fix.
  • All hijackthis logs I ask for should be done in normal mode ( not safe mode)
  • These logs should be done last after you have followed my instructions in the previous post.
  • DO NOT be installing new programs while we are fixing this machine.
  • Be sure to use the subscribe button to receive notification by Email that you have been replied to.
    If I do not hear from you in 3 days from my last post this topic will be closed. You will need to start another.

Please if you decide to seek help at another forum let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and tying 2 of us up is a waste of time.
If you have any questions about any advice given here please STOP and ask!

then:
Open uninstall Manager
click on save list.
Post that for me.

Click on OPEN IN NOTE PAD
Copy the contents of the note pad file
that opens for you in your next reply.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please post the contents of that log.

If you accidently close it you may find it here.
Start -> All Programs -> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware -> Logs

• The report from HiJackthis Uninstall list.
  • Paid or Trial version of Xsoftspy ?
  • What site are you being directed to ?
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Re: google redirect malware?

Unread postby markkhunt » September 8th, 2009, 8:10 pm

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
markkhunt
Admin/Teacher Emeritus