Hello... Welcome to the forum.
My name is Wingman
, and I'll be helping you with any malware problems.
HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.I am currently under the guidance of the MRU teachers, everything I post to you, has been reviewed by them.
This additional review process can add some extra time to my responses...but not too much. Before we begin...please note the following important guidelines.
- The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
- DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
- DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process. This adds more items to be researched.
- Please, if you have questions about something...ASK, don't guess or assume.
- Only- post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
- Print each set of instructions...if possible...your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
- Only- reply to this thread, do not start another ... Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean"
If you follow these guidelines, things should proceed smoothly.
I am currently reviewing your log and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions.
In the meantime... please perform the following steps.
Please read these instructions carefully before executing and perform the steps, in the order given.lf, you have any questions about or problems with, executing these instructions, <STOP> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.Step 1.RSIT (Random's System Information Tool)
Please download RSIT
... save it to your desktop.
- Right click on RSIT.exe and select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If Windows UAC prompts you, please allow it.
- Please read the disclaimer... click on Continue.
- RSIT will start running. When done... 2 logs files...will be produced.
The first one, "log.txt", will be maximized ... the second one, "info.txt", will be minimized.
- Please post both... "log.txt" and "info.txt", file contents in your next reply.
(These logs can be lengthy, so post 1 log per reply please.) Step 2.Rooter
Please download Rooter.exe
... Copyrighted © Eric_71
. Save it to your desktop.SCAN
- Right click on Rooter.exe icon on your desktop, select "Run as Administrator" to execute. If UAC prompted... allow it.
- To run the Scan... press the Scan...button.
- Notepad will open with a file created called "Rooter#.txt" ... located at %systemdrive%\Rooter$\Rooter#.txt. (# is the number assigned to the report)
The location of the report file is shown in the bottom display window.
- Press the Close button, to close the Rooter window.
Please copy and paste the contents of Rooter#.txt
in you next reply.Step 3.Please include in your next reply:
- Any problem executing the instructions?
- RSIT log.txt and info.txt file contents
- Rooter#.txt file contents
- How is the computer behaving?