I then discovered that I can backdoor into the internet with Google Earth. It worked for a little while and I ran the Trend online scanner for a few hours before Google Earth crashed just during the Spyware scan. Google Earth is now locked with the same message.
I have downloaded the set-up files from my laptop and install them on my desktop using a USB swap drive with no success:
1) Firefox - downloaded fine but immediately crashed upon opening. It may open briefly but immediately crashes.
2) AVG - downloaded fine and performed a complete scan during Windows Safe mode. Found one item: Trojan Horse Generic14.PJL, which it said was moved to the virus vault. AVG scanning now does not respond or function.
3) Ad-Aware - downloaded fine but immediately crashed during first use.
4) Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - downloaded fine but immediately crashed. It is now an unusable program, similar to IE.
5) Spybot Search & Destroy - downloaded fine but immediately crashed. Will not scan at all.
AND THE BIG ONE:
6) HiJackThis - downloaded fine but immediately crashed after the first scan. The program is now unusable (on my desktop). I set-up the program on my swap drive and ran the program and it will attempt to scan continuously but will crash after a couple of seconds.
I have Opera on my computer but I have not tried it yet. I'm hesitant since it might be one of my last options to the internet. It is not my default browser.
Some suspicious files flagged by McAfee during real-time scan: Freddy55.exe, Freddy56.exe, PWS-LDPinch (Trojan), Artemis!A486652FDD25 (Trojan), Generic.dx!bsf (Trojan), BackDoor-DOQ.gen.e (Trojan), Generic Downloader.x!nu (Trojan) - this one said that it was removed by restart was required, Generic FakeAler.d!gen (Trojan) - file rcfbm.exe, Artemis!8B411E3716FA (Trojan) - file yedfjdy.exe; There are others, which I can name if it is helpful.
I am currently not connected to the internet on the affected computer. I am going to start preparing to remove picture files and other keeper files in the event that I need to reinstall windows and start over.
Any help would definitely be appreciated. This one looks like a toughy (at least it does on my end).
Thanks in advance!!