Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Johnsonic's HIJACK This Log file

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Johnsonic's HIJACK This Log file

Unread postby johnsonic » June 9th, 2009, 6:06 am

Hi Askey127

I totally understand the software thing, I found out a few weeks ago my Microsoft Office wasn't genuine either and had to delete it. I bought my computer from a less than reputable dealer. Anyway, I have deleted the DVDX program, but I couldn't find the Nero program in the add/remove programs panel. Where would I find this to delete it?

I tried the Registry edit a number of times and had the same problem. Does the encoding make a difference when I am saving the file? Once I have created the fixme.reg file, I can right click and it has an option to "merge", however when I click this it asks me to select a program still?

Any ideas? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
johnsonic

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby askey127 » June 9th, 2009, 10:13 am

I didn't see any Unicode text in the registry entry, but you can substitute

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

in the first line, in place of

REGEDIT4

That will take care of it if encoding is an issue.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby NonSuch » June 14th, 2009, 3:52 pm

Due to a lack of activity, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Previous