Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Trouble with searcheworld

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Trouble with searcheworld

Unread postby Pollux.Castor » May 7th, 2009, 6:39 am

I did a remove and replace on AR and JAVA.

I have not had a mysterious redirect since we began this.

I would like to thank you for the effort you put into this. I commend your dedication and that of the entire community of malware removers.

Register to Remove

Unread postby Odd dude » May 7th, 2009, 10:05 am

Many thanks for the kind words :) and good news that you're not being redirected anymore :D

You can now delete GMER and GooredFix.

Below is my standard all-clean-post:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

As far as I can tell, you are CLEAN!

Have a big cup of Image, sit back & relax, and now please follow a few of the following tips; they will dramatically reduce your chance of getting infected again.

• Turn on Automatic Updates if you have not done so. It is MANDATORY to keep your Windows updated, otherwise you are vulnerable to exploits! To turn on Automatic Updates: click Start > Control Panel > Security Centre > Automatic Updates.

Below are optional items. They will increase your security, but are not really "needed". That said, I recommend following at least one of these tips.

• Install WinPatrol from here. Instructions for use are here.

• Install a custom hosts file. Let's say I have a directory of 640kb's worth of bad sites. Let's say I can make sure you will never be able to access those sites, so you will never get any infection from those sites. It's like blocking a site - without site blocking tools. How would you like to never be able to visit (a lot, but not all of the) malware-infected sites again? Well, now you can!
    First, we must disable a service, as Windows cannot work with a very large hosts file while that service is active. This will not affect anything else.
    The disabling routine:
    • Click Start, then Run
    • Copy and paste the following:
      Code: Select all
      sc config dnscache start= disabled
    • Click OK
    Next, you can download the custom hosts file from here. Installation instructions can be found there as well.

Please reply to this thread once more so we know it can be archived

Happy surfing!! :)
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby chryssi2001 » May 10th, 2009, 3:39 am

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
MRU Teacher Emeritus