When I connect to my wireless the message "acquiring network address" appears in taskbar. However, when I connect via the Ethernet the message "limited or no connectivity" "you might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer."
What I tried:
1. Disconnect the wire and wireless.
2. Turn off the DSL which is Linksys.
3. Reinstall the network adapter driver.
4. Renew the ip from the cmd but the message "An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection 6: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket" appear.
5. Using "netsh winsock reset" for cmd but message "The following helper DLL cannot be loaded: IFMON.DLL. The following command was not found: winsock reset." appear.
5. Edit the Winstock from the registry by using winsockfix and LSFix.
But none of these solutions worked and I cannot enable windows firewall; that's why I thought it might be a malware or something.
Sorry I forgot to say I have Windows XP Professional version 2002 with Service Pack 3.