Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Bluescreen problems related to SUPERantispyware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Bluescreen problems related to SUPERantispyware

Unread postby Zoberg » March 18th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Two weeks ago, a bunch of viruses showed up on the scan of SUPERantispyware and i followed through with the deletion process, and i thought the problem was fixed. On next scan nearly all of these same viruses had been detected again, including a few new rootkits and some new variants of Vundo. Also, on startup, the program SUPERantispyware has been stopping programs such as virus.injecters of various sorts from starting on my system. In addition to this, every time i try to run a scan with SUPERantispyware my computer blue screens and when i restart my computer it says that i needs to change my BIOS settings. I'm also wondering if this is something to do with Vundo.variant (vudahibi.dll) because this was the last thing that i had found on the scan before my system started crashing. I've not had a problem with SUPERantispyware until the Vundo showed up.

Also, my computer has been starting up with alerts that read like "missing file", such as my Zboard (a brand of keyboard) and programs such as microsoft word and firefox. Many times, i have to restart my computer because firefox crashes and then says that it's already running, even though i've gone to ctrl+alt+delete land and tried to find it on the processes list.

If there's any other information that you might need, feel free to ask.

-Thanks for your help!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:03:44 PM, on 3/18/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\program files\steam\steam.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DfrgNtfs.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmware-ufad.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\actcontroller.exe,
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zboard] C:\Program Files\Ideazon\ZEngine\Zboard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX5000 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBVA.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_SE8.tmp" /EF "HKLM"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDtoiPodConverter_upgrade] "C:\Program Files\E-Zsoft\DVDtoiPodConverter\DVDtoiPodConverter.exe" /upgrade
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefPrt] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl05c\BrStDvPt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kefibewoze] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\vudahibi.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [kefibewoze] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sodumami.dll",s (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [kefibewoze] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sodumami.dll",s (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-606747145-1275210071-725345543-500\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [reader_s] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\reader_s.exe (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [reader_s] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\reader_s.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {02A2D714-433E-46E4-B217-7C3B3FAF8EAE} (ScrabbleCubes Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v47/sc ... ecubes.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windows ... 4272915734
O16 - DPF: {8A94C905-FF9D-43B6-8708-F0F22D22B1CB} (Wwlaunch Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/wwlaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {94299420-321F-4FF9-A247-62A23EBB640B} (WordMojo Control) - http://www.worldwinner.com/games/v46/wo ... rdmojo.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: qtzwtq.dll ujzrsd.dll wkjipa.dll ,C:\WINDOWS\system32\faweyetu.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: yayXOedc - yayXOedc.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WildGames\Game Console - WildGames\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Motive Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 7667 bytes
Zoberg

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Bluescreen problems related to SUPERantispyware

Unread postby peku006 » March 22nd, 2009, 4:49 am

Hello and welcome to Malware Removal.

My name is peku006 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.
I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

Please observe these rules while we work:
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"

If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.

There is no sign of an antivirus installed on your system. There are several reasons for it. Either you have disabled your antivirus or there's no antivirus installed.

If you have disabled it, please re-enable it. If you have no antivirus installed, please get ONE antivirus and install it. Restart the computer for changes to take effect.

avast! 4 Home Edition
AntiVir Free Edition

I'd like you to read this thread.

Please go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the programs listed above (in red).

1 - Scan With ComboFix

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

How to Temporarily Disable Anti-virus

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

2 - Run Hijackthis
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad

3 - Status Check
Please reply with

1. the ComboFix log(C:\ComboFix.txt)
2. a fresh HijackThis log

Thanks peku006
peku006
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

This is bad.

Unread postby Zoberg » March 22nd, 2009, 12:34 pm

I installed Avast! and it automatically ran a full scan on reboot.

1000+ detections of win32.vitro were found

Also, on startup there were no icons/ start bar.
Now, when i try to start up my computer it reverts to the old box with username/password and then once i log in it automatically restarts.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I ran the system in safe mode and the same problem happened.
Zoberg

Unread postby peku006 » March 22nd, 2009, 1:08 pm

Hi Zoberg

I have bad news for you

Your System is infected with Virut!!
Virut is a file infecting virus which is able to modify itself each and every time it runs. In addition, when it infects, sometimes it will destroy the file it tries to latch onto.
For these reasons, you really can't truly fix Virut. You will need to format/reinstall the operating system on this machine.

More information:
http://free.avg.com/66558
There are bugs in the viral code. When the virus produces infected files, it also creates non-functional files that also contain the virus.

http://home.mcafee.com/VirusInfo/VirusProfile.aspx?key=143034
W32/Virut.h is a polymorphic, entry point obscuring (EPO) file infector with IRC bot functionality. It can accept commands to download other malware on the compromised machine.
It appends to the end of the last section of executable (PE) files an encrypted copy of its code. The decryptor is polymorphic and can be located either:
Immediately before the encrypted code at the end of the last section
At the end of the code section of the infected host in 'slack-space' (assuming there is any)
At the original entry point of the host (overwriting the original host code)

Miekiemoes, an expert for malware removal, and an MS-MVP, additionally has a blog post about Virut.

I suggest you to start backup all of your valuable data/documents/pictures/movies/songs/etc..
Do NOT backup any applications/installers and Do NOT backup any .exe/.scr/.htm/.html/.xml/.zip/.rar files...
This because these files may be infected as well. If you back them up and replace them afterwards, it will infect your computer again.

Read here for instructions how to format and reinstall Windows
:

http://web.mit.edu/ist/products/winxp/advanced/reinstall-format.html
peku006
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Zoberg » March 22nd, 2009, 1:37 pm

Hi peku

That's unfortunate.
I will reinstall windows asap.

Is there any other information that i might want to know after reinstalling the OS?
Zoberg

Unread postby peku006 » March 22nd, 2009, 2:01 pm

Hi Zoberg

After you have reformatted and reinstalled Windows, your system will be clean. Here are some tips that will help you to keep it clean.

Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6
Download it from here. Just choose a mirror and off you go.
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spybot properly here

Install SpyWare Blaster 4.0
Download it from here
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spyware Blaster here

Install WinPatrol
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Install FireTrust SiteHound
You can find information and download it from here

Install MVPS Hosts File from here
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
Find Tutorial here : http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Visit Microsoft often to get the latest updates for your computer.
http://www.update.microsoft.com

Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"

Read some information here how to prevent Malware.
peku006
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Zoberg » March 22nd, 2009, 2:49 pm

Hi peku

Thanks for all your help. :cheers:
Zoberg

Unread postby Elrond » March 26th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Zoberg this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Elrond
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove