Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Got cleaned by you, now CD/DVD ROM locks up

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Got cleaned by you, now CD/DVD ROM locks up

Unread postby beanland » March 14th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Hey, You guys cleaned me up and I deeply appreciate that (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39092). But, now I can't seem to use any DVD, Audio, Data Discs in my Laptop Disc ROM drive.

When I place a disc in the disc drive... the green light comes on and it appears to be reading it. I open Windows Explorer and click on my G:/ to look at the disc and it locks up (Not Responding). These windows pop up. "QuickPlay" and "DrgToDsc". I have gone to my G:/ and told all the options for Auto Play to "Take No Action".

I also have gone into SAFE MODE and placed a data disc in the cd/dvd rom and have been able to use it.

Any advice? Thanks again in advancd...
beanland

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Got cleaned by you, now CD/DVD ROM locks up

Unread postby NonSuch » March 15th, 2009, 1:14 am

It appears that your issue does not involve malware and requires general troubleshooting help. As we only provide malware removal help at this site, we suggest you try a site that does provide general troubleshooting help:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html

http://www.pcguide.com/vb/

Provide a link to your original topic here so they can see what was done.

As this issue does not involve malware and therefore falls outside the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator