Brian, Here is a couple we use a lot, remember they are scanners only! they don't fix things if anything is found.
You could scan with a good antivirus program which would fix certain items.
I wish you luck,hope it's been helpful for you.
I will leave thread open 24hrs just incase you thinnk of anything else, then I will close up.
kind regards dan Note for Vista Users: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.
Please go to Eset website
to perform an online scan. Please use Internet Explorer as it uses ActiveX.
- Click on the Start button next to it.
- When prompted to run ActiveX. click Yes.
- You will be asked to install an ActiveX. Click Install.
- Once installed, the scanner will be initialized.
- After the scanner is initialized, click Start.
- Uncheck (untick) Remove found threats box.
- Check (tick) Scan unwanted applications.
- Click on Scan.
- It will start scanning. Please be patient.
- Once the scan is done, you will find a log in C:\Program Files\esetonlinescanner\log.txt. Please post this log in your next reply.
Please go to Kaspersky website
and perform an online antivirus scan.
- Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
- It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
- When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
- Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
- Click on My Computer under Scan.
- Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
- You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
- Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
- Please post this log in your next reply.