Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

computer slow and pop ups, please help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: computer slow and pop ups, please help

Unread postby MikeSwim07 » November 4th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Backup the Registry

• Download ERUNT

If that link doesn't work, try one of these,

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html
    http://majorgeeks.com/download1267.html
  • Save it to your desktop. Right click on the downloaded file(erunt.zip) and click Extract.Follow the prompts to extract the file.
  • Now click on the folder "erunt" and find and double click on the file called Erunt.exe
  • Click OK. Then Click OK again.
  • Click save and then go to File > Exit.
This is so the registry can be restored to this point if we need it. It may take a minute. Just let it go until it's done.

Registry File

Open Notepad by doing:
1. Click Start > Run > notepad

copy the contents of the following box to a new file.

Code: Select all
REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\open\ddeexec]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTPS\shell\open\ddeexec]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxURL\shell\open\ddeexec]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\shell\open\ddeexec]

Save it as fix.reg (save type: "All files" (*.*)) to your desktop.

It should look like this -> Image

Go to Desktop, double-click fix.reg and merge the infomation with the registry.

(In case you are unsure how to create a reg file, take a look here with screenshots.)

Please restart your computer!

Please post a new Hijackthis log; can you please try opening the link and tell me if the error still appears.

Thanks
MikeSwim07

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby suebrass » November 4th, 2008, 4:33 pm

Have got Erunt on my desktop. Can click OK and then OK again but then it won't let me go any further. It says that the file already exists but won't let me delete it. It says that the contents of this folder cannot be completely deleted. This is the same point at which I was stuck yesterday. Haven't got an Erunt zip file any more - I've deleted that.

Also when I click on start, I don't have a 'Run' option, so still don't know where Notepad is.
suebrass

Unread postby MikeSwim07 » November 5th, 2008, 8:22 am

Please delete all of the erunt files/folders you have on your desktop. Then please follow the erunt instructions in the other post. Only download it once. Also, make sure you right click on Erunt once it's extracted and click "Run as Administrator"

Read this on opening notepad in vista

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... 81033.mspx
MikeSwim07

Unread postby Blade81 » November 11th, 2008, 11:23 am

Due to lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous