Hello popsy and welcome to the forums.Please do not run any other programs with out my permission !!
Run all programs in the order posted !!!!!
My name is flashh4 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.
Please observe these rules while we work:1.
If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.2.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.3.
Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)4.
Please note you'll need to have Administrator privileges to perform the fixes. (XP accounts are Administrator by default)5.
Please let me know if you are using a computer with multiple accounts, as this can affect the instructions given.
If you can do those things, everything should go smoothly
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.
If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.Note
: I am still in training at Malware Removal, however I will be working under the direct supervision of one of our Malware Experts. Any recommendations will first be approved before being given to you. Because of this, there may be a short delay in getting our responses to you, however be assured that we will be working diligently on your problem.Click here
to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
- Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
I will be back as soon as possible with a fix !!
In the mean time can you give me an Uninstall list please !!
[*]Click on the Open the Misc Tools section
[*]Look under System tools
[*]Click on the Open Uninstall Manager...
[*]Click on the Save list...
[*]It will prompt you to save. Save this log in a convenient location. By default it's named uninstall_list.txt
[*]Notepad will open. Please post this log in your next reply.[/list
Please post to this topic:
1. HJT log
2. Uninstall list