Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help with 1rfw8hjr.com trojan? Cannot see hidden files??

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Help with 1rfw8hjr.com trojan? Cannot see hidden files??

Unread postby samaudio » September 1st, 2008, 5:31 am

Hi all,

Firstly my problem is that I seem to have been infected with this "1rfw8hjr.com" trojan. Kesperky picked it up and killed it, along with ckvo.exe I believe....

Something is making autorun.inf files and kk3.bat files on every drive that goes into the system too - they are hidden on win xp, but I can see them and delete them from my laptop running Mac OSX...but none of the scanners will find what is making them!!

Which brings me to my next weirdness, I cannot set my folders to view hidden files, or uncheck the 'hide hidden operating system files' box either from the tools menu OR via the registry. I also cannot change the autorun policy to off (DWORD= HEX FF) in the registry either.....i change the value - close regedit - and bam everything reverts to hidden with autorun enabled for all drives...

Any help would be much appreciated - this is my work machine and I need to be able to see hidden files every day for settings!!!

Here is my HJT log for starters

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:39:17 PM, on 1/09/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fireface.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\firefacemix.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Mediafour\MacDrive 7\MacDriveD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AlphaTrackApplet.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe
C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
C:\Program Files\Mediafour\MacDrive 7\MacDriveServiceD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://autoupdate.mediafour.com/pu?p...1033&osul=3081
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FirefaceTray] fireface.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FirefaceMixTray] firefacemix.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Blackmagic CheckVersion PCI] C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic DeckLink\CheckVersionPCI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DigidesignMMERefresh] C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{FD1C41EC-B9AC-4F08-9BDB-CC8ECC8FC1B3}] "C:\Program Files\Mediafour\MacDrive 7\MacDriveD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartAlphaTrackApplet] AlphaTrackApplet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kamsoft] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ColorVisionStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ColorVision\Utility\ColorVisionStartup.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} - http://www.eset.eu/buxus/docs/OnlineScanner.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Digidesign MME Refresh Service (DigiRefresh) - Digidesign, A Division of Avid Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
O23 - Service: digiSPTIService - Digidesign, A Division of Avid Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\digiSPTIService.exe
O23 - Service: Eset HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\EHttpSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Eset Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ekrn.exe
O23 - Service: MacDriveServiceD - Mediafour Corporation - C:\Program Files\Mediafour\MacDrive 7\MacDriveServiceD.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sandra Data Service (SandraDataSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Professional 2005\RpcDataSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Sandra Service (SandraTheSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Professional 2005\RpcSandraSrv.exe

--
End of file - 4979 bytes

Thanks in advance...
samaudio

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Help with 1rfw8hjr.com trojan? Cannot see hidden files??

Unread postby ktreffin » September 12th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Hi samaudio, Welcome to the forums!Image

My name is Ken, on these forums I am known as ktreffin. I will be helping you with your current problem. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that it happens.

HiJackThis logs do take some time to review and research. I would appreciate it if while you are waiting, you could please do the following for me:

Please make an Uninstall List using HiJackThis.

To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:
    1. Start HijackThis
    2. Click on the Config button
    3. Click on the Misc Tools button
    4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
    5. Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad here in a reply.

As we work together to resolve your problem, please read these instructions carefully. You may wish to print them off or copy them to Notepad.

Lastly, please keep these points in mind:
  • If you have questions, please DON'T hesitate to ask!
  • The instructions I give are specific to your current problem and should not be used on other systems.
  • Please post your replies only to this topic, and please DO NOT start a new thread.
  • Since there may be multiple issues with your system, please continue to follow this thread until I have given you an "All Clean!"

I am reviewing your log now, and will be back with you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby ktreffin » September 15th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Hello

THREE DAY BUMP!

It has been three days since my last post.
  • do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Please let me know if there are any problems. Thanks!

Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Gary R » September 17th, 2008, 9:50 am

Due to lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you still need help open a new thread in the Malware Removal forum and wait for a new helper.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read Donations For Malware Removal

Gary R
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove