Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hijack This Log file - Please advise next step ......

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Hijack This Log file - Please advise next step ......

Unread postby silver » September 3rd, 2008, 9:43 pm

Hi Saxon,

This service remains disabled. Do I need to enable this?
Yes, it should remain disabled because you now have a custom hosts file installed. The DNS Client service can slow your computer down when there is a large hosts file installed, and you should not notice any change in the operation of your computer as a result of it being disabled.

The log looks fine now, how are things running?
silver

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby saxon » September 4th, 2008, 12:58 am

Hi Silver,

So far so good. My machine appears to be running fine. I shall keep monitoring it's performance and give you feedback. Do you think the machine is clean now?
saxon

Unread postby silver » September 4th, 2008, 1:16 am

Yes I think your machine is now clean. As per my previous recommendation, I suggest you take a look at SiteAdvisor or another way to get some warnings about bad sites:

Please take care when downloading programs. One of the easiest ways to be infected is to download freeware/shareware programs which come laden with malware - this includes allowing websites to install browser plug-ins or ActiveX controls. Before downloading, it is crucial to check whether the source is reputable.
One way to check is to use McAfee SiteAdvisor. Copy the domain name into the space provided and SiteAdvisor will give you a report on the website which can help you decide if it is safe. They also have a toolbar for IE and Firefox which adds this functionality to your browser.

I also suggest you download and install the free version of WinPatrol. This program protects your computer in a variety of ways and will work well with your existing security software. Have a look at this tutorial to help you get started with the program.

Find out more about how to prevent infection in the future
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?p=33687

Please post back to let me know that you have read this, and if there are any further issues.
silver

Unread postby saxon » September 4th, 2008, 9:25 am

Hi Silver,

I have read your post and have also downloaded McAfee SiteAdvisor and WinPatrol. I will also look at advice given in the link under "Find out more about how to prevent infection in the future".

I would like to say Thank You so much for all your support and advice. I found myself in an extremely vulnerable situation and you have been the lifeline that I have hung on to. I really appreciate your patience and time that you've given to help resolve my problems.

This experience has both enlightened me in knowledge on how to stay safe but also made me more aware of the dangers that are out there on the Internet.

If you have given the all clear on my machine then I would like to seek your advice and guidance, once again, on enrolling as a student at the Malware University.

In time I would like to help someone who is facing a similar situation like I have been in the past weeks. Though I would never dare give advice without proper training and guidance as I know how crucial it is to follow the exact procedure and to take things step by step.

I would also like to keep in touch as well if that's okay with you and within the rules of the forum.

Once again I would like to say thank you so much for your patience, time and effort in helping me during this difficult time.

Regards

Saxon
saxon

Unread postby silver » September 4th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Saxon,

You are most welcome and we are very happy to have been of assistance. :)

If you wish to enrol in the University, please carefully read this page:
http://www.malwareremoval.com/university.php

It contains important information which will help you decide whether training here is for you. If you decide that it's something which you would like to proceed with, feel free to submit an application and we'll take things from there.

As the malware issue has been resolved, I am required to close this topic now to prevent others from posting to it. If you wish to continue our discussion on the University or other subjects, please contact me via PM or use the General Discussions forum, and of course you are welcome to stay in touch.