to the Malware Removal
My name is Michael
I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
HijackThis logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need
your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen.
Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
- I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
- Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
- If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please note: All of my posts need to be checked by a teacher, so please be patient while I attempt to remove your malware.Download and Run HijackThis
to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
use the Analyse This
button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.Don't
have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.Make an uninstall list using HijackThis
To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:
- Start HijackThis
- Click on the Config button
- Click on the Misc Tools button
- Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
- Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Save the file to your desktop.
Please post these logs on your next reply.