Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Can't activate or start automatic updates service

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Can't activate or start automatic updates service

Unread postby Scotty » July 31st, 2008, 3:18 pm

Sorry missed something.

Delete the older versions of Java and download the newest.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.
  1. Close any programmes you may have running, ESPECIALLY your web browser
  2. Click Start > Control Panel.
  3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
  4. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  6. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java.
  7. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) (5th one down the list), which is JRE6u7, and click Yes at the page warning. Under "Platform" select Windows, then check the box to accept the Licence Agreement. Click Yes at the second page warning before downloading the Offline file.
To avoid using the Sun Download manager just click on the link below Windows Offline Installation which says jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe.

Let me know you saw this too.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Can't activate or start automatic updates service

Unread postby random/random » August 5th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Due to lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
random/random
Developer
Developer

Previous