Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Malware... cannot browse properly, nor Google, etc (bump)

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Malware... cannot browse properly, nor Google, etc (bump)

Unread postby Mark_25 » July 6th, 2008, 5:20 pm

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32152&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=ai

Hi folks I think I've got a problem with malware that's stopping me running firefox in Windows XP completely. It's also affecting a lot of sites on the net andand the trojan (malware) is making it difficult for me to find a fix. Any help would be very much appreciated with this please guys. I did a lot of stuff on the computer to try and improve its performance yesterday and seemed to have made things a whole lot worse due to pirated software or whatever has caused this. Lesson learnt - I'm going to have to buy this stuff if I don't want to get 'virused up'.

I also have a linux partition on this computer so have realised that I am able to get onto firefox to post here and check for posts. Also last time I went onto my computer when I was using the documents folders in Windows XP I noticed popups asking me to buy some scam anti-spyware product which I can post up here if you need it.

Here's some in-depth info:

When I try and get on this forum, on Windows XP the malware redirects me here:

hxxp://generalmeds.biz/search.php Disabled Link - Simon

Firefox is failing to load completely.

Internet Explorer and Safari can bring up certain web sites but Google fails to load 90% of results relating to spyware / malware removal.

When I click on the links to remove spyware/malware it just brings me up to a URL that isn't the correct link and is a spam site and its impossible to load the site. Other sites just bring up a 'cannot find server' Internet Explorer error or fail to load in Safari.

AVG Free Anti-Virus 8.0 downloaded yesterday runs a full scan and finds nothing although it did find some trojans / minor spyware last night but these were cleaned and removed to the vault. Similarly with Ad-Aware SE Professional on a latest full scan it will find nothing but some minor stuff was removed yesterday. Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool June 2008 edition runs a full scan and finds nothing. The trojans found yesterday were placed in the virus vault from some old files running on my computer and some poker software which has not been used for about a year.

MSN is still working perfectly as well as iTunes and a BitTorrent client, Windows Live Mail. I can get on a couple of sites on the internet that works fine such as the Latitude Festival website, Facebook partially loads but doesn't work like it should, page not displaying properly and a lot of the features and pages aren't working.

I did a lot of stuff on the computer when this happened such as remove a lot of unnecessary programs, cleanup the registry and run diskcleanup and ATF Cleaner. I tried to install "Service Pack 3" Windows XP Professional Edition but couldn't get the Service Pack or latest updates installed.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: I've been away in London since the original post so the bump is after 72 hours.
Mark_25

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Malware... cannot browse properly, nor Google, etc (bump)

Unread postby Scotty » July 9th, 2008, 5:36 am

Got it. :)
Scotty
Retired Graduate