Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I lose connection internet all the time

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: I lose connection internet all the time

Unread postby Scotty » July 30th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Hi

Best solution is to register here
http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html

and start a thread here
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Microsoft_Windows_f119.html&s=ddc58773c16b364a92e954bd18cf0040

One of the Tech team can give you advice on improvements.

Time for some housekeeping

• Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the x and the /u, it needs to be there.

CleanUp
  • Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it.
  • Click on the CleanUp! button
  • A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • Click Yes to beging the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a good program to keep. If you wish to keep it, use it to do a quick scan once a week and keep it updated.
Remember, only the paid for version offers real-time protection

Here is another couple of free programs I recommend.

Winpatrol
Winpatrol is heuristic protection program, meaning it looks for patterns in codes that work like malware. It also takes a snapshot of your system's critical resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without you knowing. You can read more about Winpatrol's features here.

You can get a free copy of Winpatrol or use the Plus version for more features.

You can read Winpatrol's FAQ if you run into problems.

Spyware Blaster
SpywareBlaster is a program that is used to secure Internet Explorer by making it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. It does this by disabling known offending ActiveX programs from running at all.

You can download SpywareBlaster from Javacool.

If you need help in using SpywareBlaster, you can read SpywareBlaster's tutorial at Bleeping Computer.

Hosts File
A Hosts file is like a phone book. You look up someone's name in the phone book before calling him/her. Similarly, your PC will look up the website's IP address before you can view the website.

Hosts file will replace your current Hosts file with another one containing well-known advertisement sites, spyware sites and other bad sites. This new Hosts file will protect you by re-directing these bad sites to 127.0.0.1.

Here is a good Hosts file:

MVPS Hosts File

A tutorial about Hosts File can be found at Malware Removal.

Make sure your Windows is ALWAYS up to date!

An unpatched Windows is vulnerable and even with the "best" Antivirus and Firewall installed, malware will find its way through.
So visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ to download and install the latest updates.

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.

Here is some great information from experts in this field that will help you stay clean and safe online.
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.
Scotty
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: I lose connection internet all the time

Unread postby NonSuch » August 2nd, 2008, 4:49 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Previous