Hi Paul, welcome to MWR,
please let me know if you are still around, so, we can start the fix. In the meantime, - Download and run CrapCleaner
Note: in CCleaner: go to <options/advanced> Uncheck
"Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours").
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
from http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyte's ... d5756.html
to the desktop.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- The next screen will ask you to select the drives to scan. Leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log and exit MBAM.NB
- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process and, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Post back the MBAM report along with a fresh HJT log.