Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Auto reboot at login / WinSpywareProtect

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Auto reboot at login / WinSpywareProtect

Unread postby kdirks » June 2nd, 2008, 4:42 pm

Hello,

I have been seriously infected to the point that I can not run any diagnostics. My computer either reboots when I login or I get message boxes telling me I have a virus problem. Here are a few of the messages I am getting:

1. From Symantec Antivirus Notification
Search Type: RealTime Protection Scan
Event: Virus found!
Virus Name: Trojan Horse
File: C:\docume~1\kdirks\local~1\temp\temp.dll
Computer: KELLY_D
User: kdirks
Action Taken: Delete succeeded: Acess denied
Date found: June 02, 2008 10:44:44 AM

2. Error message box containing:
Access violation at address 77E92668 in module RPCRT4.dll. Rea of address 01F1A41C

3. Message box titled "Window Security Alert" containing:
Windows has detected an Internet attack attempt... Sombody's trying to infect your PC with sypware or harmful viruses. Run full system scan now to protect your PC from Internet attacks, highhacking attempts and spyware. Click here to download spyware remover for total protections.
-OK and cancel buttons

4. I also get the WinSpyWareProtect software popping up wanting me to do a scan and also download their software which to my understanding is a scam.

At this point I can not bring up Windows Explorer or IE. When I look at my start menu, most of the options are missing - no Programs, My Computer, My Networks, etc.

Please advise. Is there anything I can do besides reformatting and reloading software and files?

Thank you,
Kelly Dirks
kdirks

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Auto reboot at login / WinSpywareProtect

Unread postby dan12 » June 2nd, 2008, 5:03 pm

Download and Run HijackThis
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.

* Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
* By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
* Click on Install.
* It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
* Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
* Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
* Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

please post new HJT log
dan12
MRU Honors Grad Emeritus

Re: Auto reboot at login / WinSpywareProtect

Unread postby NonSuch » June 6th, 2008, 10:35 pm

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!