Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

No access to my control panel?!?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: No access to my control panel?!?

Unread postby svacek » April 7th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Actually, it's popping up about 10 min after starting up my computer.
svacek

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Simon V. » April 8th, 2008, 1:20 am

Hi :)

It is not part of an infection, and it *looks* legit to me. It would be good to ask in a forum that deals with general computer problems, for instance WhatTheTech > http://forums.whatthetech.com/Microsoft ... _f119.html

As your logs look clean, I'll give you some tips to keep your computer clean in the future -

Click Start then Run....

• Type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. (Note: The space between the x and the /u needs to be there)

• This will uninstall Combofix.

Make your Internet Explorer More Secure

If you are using Internet Explorer 7, please read and follow the recommendations at this site - http://surfthenetsafely.com/ieseczone8.htm

If you are using Internet Explorer 6, please read and follow the following recommendations -

• From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab.
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.

• Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt.
    • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable.
    • Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable.
    • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt.
    • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt.
    • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt.
    • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
    • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.

• Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Use a Firewall - Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. The Windows firewall isn't sufficient as it only monitors incoming connections.

Here are a few (free) firewalls, please download and install one of them:

Visit Microsoft's Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://update.microsoft.com/ regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

Install WinPatrol - An excellent startup manager, notifies you if programs are added to startup, allows delayed startup, ... A must have! An installation guide can be found here: http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html

Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. A tutorial can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutoria ... ial49.html

Install IE-Spyad - IE-Spyad places more than 4000 dubious websites and domains in the IE Restricted list. This severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites. A tutorial on installing this product can be found here: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/resource.htm#IESPYAD

Update All Your Security Programs Regularly - Make sure you update all your security programs (Anti-Virus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware) regularly (once a weak, at least). Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

You can also read this excellent article by TonyKlein: So how did I get infected in the first place?

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Stand Up and Be Counted! - Please take the time to tell us what you would like to be done about the people who are behind all the problems you have had. We can only get something done about this if the people that we help, like you, are prepared to complain. We have a dedicated forum for collecting these complaints: Malware Complaints. You have to be registered to post. After registering just find your country room and register your complaint. The infection you had was Smitfraud.
Simon V.
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby svacek » April 9th, 2008, 4:46 pm

I just wanted to thank you for your time and help in fixing my computer. I appreciate this so much. I've downloaded everything you suggested so hopefully this won't happen again. Thank you again!
svacek

Unread postby Simon V. » April 9th, 2008, 4:52 pm

svacek wrote:I just wanted to thank you for your time and help in fixing my computer. I appreciate this so much. I've downloaded everything you suggested so hopefully this won't happen again. Thank you again!

You're very welcome :) Glad I could be of assistance.