Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

SWS Antispyware

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: SWS Antispyware

Unread postby sjpritch25 » March 26th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Go to Start ---> Run ---> Type sc stop SLService and press Enter and follow that up with this command sc delete SLService

Reboot and let me know how everything is running.
sjpritch25

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby hughandkitty » March 27th, 2008, 3:07 am

Hello

Well thank you very much, that seems to have cleared up a lot of things. I have been in places in my computer I never knew existed. I have not hung up and had to come out to desk top with do you want to send an error report box. I havent seen the Blue Page yet but that only appeared last time as I was shutting down. So so far very very good. ( How do you learn all this stuff?)

I see you use or advertise Ubantu in your profile. I would love to try it out, and I have it on one of the computer Mags free disc, and it is to dual boot on XP. But the only computer I have with XP is the one I am using for business and do not want to risk doing anything to disrupt it. Could I run it onto a computer I am running Win 98SE on?

Thank you again for your help.

Appreciated

Regards

Hugh Williams
hughandkitty

Unread postby sjpritch25 » March 27th, 2008, 12:33 pm

If you want to try it on your Windows 98 pc, i would download the Xubuntu. Its geared towards older pc's
http://www.xubuntu.org/

Its a live CD, so you try it without formating your drive.

Also the new update Hardy Heron is set to be realized in April, it can be installed via Windows XP and Vista. Hardy Heron can be removed from Add/Remove Programs in Windows. Its a pretty neat feature. I tested the beta on my dad's Vista computer and it worked good except the broadcom drivers aren't on the Alpha version yet.

To finish things up.

Go to Start ----> Run ---> Type "%userprofile%\Desktop\ComboFix.exe" /u and press Enter. This command will uninstall ComboFix and all of its components.

Image Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systems

Ugrading Java:

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u5.
  • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

========================================

Now that your system is clean you should SET A NEW RESTORE POINT to prevent future reinfection from the old restore point AFTER cleaning your system of any malware infection. Any trojans or spyware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore and are waiting to re-infect you. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete files, trapping viruses inside. Setting a new restore point should be done to prevent any future reinfection from the old restore point and enable your computer to "roll-back" in case there is a future problem.

To SET A NEW RESTORE POINT:
1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
2. Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
3. Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
4. Click "OK".
5. Click the "More Options" Tab.
6. Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

Graphics for doing this are in the following links if you need them.
How to Create a Restore Point.
How to use Cleanmgr.

======================================

Here is some useful information on keeping your computer clean:
  1. Most important thing is to make sure Windows is kept up to date with the latest patches and updates from Windows Update.
  2. Here are two great Preventive programs:
    1. SpywareBlaster protects you from malicious ActiveX controls and cookies. Make sure and check for updates twice a month.
    2. IESpyads adds a long list of bad sites to your Restricted sites in Internet Explorer and protects against drive by downloads.
  3. Surf Safe with McAfee's SiteAdisor. SiteAdisor will work with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. SiteAdisor is a browser plugin that assigns a safety rating to domains listed in your search engine. SiteAdvisor uses the following color codes to indicate the safety level of each site.
    1. Red for Warning
    2. Yellow for Use Caution
    3. Green for Safe
    4. Grey for Unknown

Here are the link to install SiteAdisor in Internet Explorer and Firefox
  4. Anti-Spyware Programs I Recommend:
    • Free Anti-Spyware Programs
    1. Lavasoft's Ad-Aware SE Personal
    2. Windows Defender
  5. For Even More Information On Securing Your Computer read Tony Klein's So How Did I Get Infected In The First Place
sjpritch25

Unread postby NonSuch » April 7th, 2008, 9:45 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!