Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

HJT Log from Canada::

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: HJT Log from Canada::

Unread postby railker » March 16th, 2008, 5:36 am

:roll: Not quite there yet, but damned close, and no doubt with much thanks to your persistent help.

I'm missing two files, I've just noticed, from my start menu. 'Run' and 'Notepad' are both gone. Not in the recent programs menu or under where they should be in Vista (All Programs - Accessories). Doing a search doesn't bring up anything for run, haven't looked for notepad yet. Notepad still works ...
railker

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby chryssi2001 » March 16th, 2008, 5:58 am

Hello railker,

So since Notepad works, where do you open it from if not from start > accessories?
Can you find it and click on restore?
Did you have this problem before the fix? Although i doubt the fix created this problem.

About the Run function have a look here:
http://www.reviewsaurus.com/tips-tricks ... ows-vista/
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby railker » March 16th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Alright, got the run problem fixed. Right Click taskbar, start menu, customize and it's in there. Funny, I can ue that one, but when I use the search bar in the start menu and type in 'Run', it normally used to bring up the actual 'Run.exe' program. But it don't no more. Hmm ... And notepad, found it in C:\Windows, had it placed as a llink in my start menu.

Many thanks for your help, I'll be sure to look at those programs and install a few to keep my computer bug-free.

Any recommendations for anti-virus programs? All the ones I've had on here are just trying out what they can do. Some are a peeve-off to use, others are easy but they don't do nearly as much or protect my computer as much as they could. I'm willing to purchase a product if it's worth it.
railker

Unread postby chryssi2001 » March 16th, 2008, 4:17 pm

Hello railker :),

I am glad everything works ok now.
----------------------------------------------
Here are 2 Free Anti-Virus programs.

1) Antivir PersonalEditionClassic
-Free anti-virus software for Windows.
-Detects and removes more than 50,000 viruses. Free support.
2) avast! 4 Home Edition
-Anti-virus program for Windows.
-The home edition is freeware for noncommercial users.

Have a read >HERE< for some good Anti-Virus programs (paid versions except of AVG Free).

Just have in mind that, if you decide to change your Anti-Virus, this is the way to do it.
First download the new one on your desktop.
Disconnect from the internet.
Remove the old Anti-Virus and Reboot.
Install the new Anti-Virus.
Connect to the Internet and update it, run it for first time and you are done.
Set it to update and scan daily at the time you choose not necessarily the same time.

Except of installing a good Anti-Virus, you have to be carefull not to visit suspicious sites, and don't use P2P programs. Also do not click on links sent to you, either through email, or with any messenger application.

If you still have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on your pc, it worth keeping it and use it often to scan your pc. It's a very good scanner, and it also has a paid version.

Happy surfing railker :)
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby railker » March 16th, 2008, 6:04 pm

Sweeeeeeeet. Thank you so much again for your help!
railker

Unread postby chryssi2001 » March 17th, 2008, 2:10 am

You are mostly welcome :)

http://www.av-comparatives.org/
Here is another link, i forgot to post yesterday which shows more Anti-Virus and comparatives. Be sure to check the compatibility for Vista! ;)
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Gary R » March 17th, 2008, 2:18 pm