Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Please review my hijackthis log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Please review my hijackthis log

Unread postby Katana » December 9th, 2007, 3:20 pm

Which browser are you using ?
Does this only happen for Acrobat, can you access any other page's ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby starkansaw » December 9th, 2007, 3:34 pm

I can go to one web page to another just fine. When I click on "download" while trying to download the new Acrobat it starts like it's downloading & then say's "network error" & then a window pops up & says it needs to verify that I'm connected to the internet & says something about a proxy (can't remember exactly the words) & asks for an address & port. The buttons under that are "ok" & "no proxy" Clicked on "no proxy" just to see what it would do & it acted like it was downloading again & said network error again.

I don't understand your question about what "browser" I'm using.....Sorry!
starkansaw

Unread postby Katana » December 9th, 2007, 4:23 pm

starkansaw wrote:I don't understand your question about what "browser" I'm using.....Sorry!

Browser means Internet Explorer, Firefox or Opera
Which do you use to surf the web :)
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby starkansaw » December 9th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Oh sorry!!! I use Internet Explorer
starkansaw

Unread postby Katana » December 9th, 2007, 5:09 pm

Is your modem connected directly to your computer ?

That sounds like a LAN error
If you have a network symbol in your task bar ( looks like two monitors stuck together)
try the following

1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
2. Click the Connections tab.
3. Under Local Area Networks (LAN) settings, click the LAN Settings button.
4. Check the Automatically detect settings check box.

now click OK to come out of the dialog boxes
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby starkansaw » December 13th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Now I have updated adobe reader & Java & have uninstalled combofix. I was wondering if I should get rid of Deckards System Scanner also??? If I can, how?

Oh almost forgot, When I start to shutdown my computer a pop-up comes up saying hpqimzone.exe is shutting down & has a bar going across & has a button that says "end now". (I have been having this happen for a long time & all of these fixes didn't stop it) I have trouble describing stuff, but hope you can understand me.
starkansaw

Unread postby Katana » December 13th, 2007, 12:51 pm

I understand perfectly :)
To remove Deckards, just delete DSS.exe.

As for the shut down error, it appears to be a common problem for HP products.
Do you have a Hewlett Packard computer, or printer ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby starkansaw » December 13th, 2007, 1:40 pm

My computer & my printer both are Hewlett-Packard
starkansaw

Unread postby Katana » December 13th, 2007, 2:07 pm

There is are a lot of questions about this problem, but very few definite answers.
I would recommend you contact HP customer support and see if they have a solution.

Are there any other problems ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby starkansaw » December 13th, 2007, 2:50 pm

I don't seem to be having any problems besides my computer freezing up every now & then & being slow at random times.

About the "wildtangent" thing, It shows everything is deleted besides the wildtangent channel manager & I wasn't sure what to do about that. I have had problems with wildtangent in the past & I'm kind of afraid to remove anything from it, because one time I tried to get rid of it & started having "end now" pop ups coming up as I was shutting down :evil: . I have done everything that the removal of wildtangent said to do.
starkansaw

Unread postby Katana » December 13th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Let's try a more powerful scan

TotalScan
Your Antivirus and/or Antispyware may give a warning during the scan. This is perfectly normal
Please go to this site Link >> TotalScan << LINK
  • Under Scan Now click the Full Scan button
  • Follow the prompts to install the Active X if necessary
  • Go and make a cup of tea/coffee/beverage of your choice and watch some TV :)
  • When the scan is finished, a report will be generated
  • Next to Scan Details click the small Save button and save the report to your desktop.
  • Please post the report in your reply.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby starkansaw » December 15th, 2007, 5:32 pm

;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ANALYSIS: 2007-12-15 15:28:15
PROTECTIONS: 1
MALWARE: 10
SUSPECTS: 0
;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
PROTECTIONS
Description Version Active Updated
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
AVG 7.5.503 7.5.503 Yes Yes
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
MALWARE
Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location
00035328 Application/KillApp.A HackTools No 0 Yes No C:\hp\bin\Terminator.exe
00101555 Application/KillApp.B HackTools No 0 Yes No C:\hp\bin\KillIt.exe
00167747 Cookie/Azjmp TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@azjmp[2].txt
00168090 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@serving-sys[1].txt
00168093 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@bs.serving-sys[2].txt
00170495 Cookie/PointRoll TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ads.pointroll[3].txt
00170495 Cookie/PointRoll TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ads.pointroll[2].txt
00171982 Cookie/QuestionMarket TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@questionmarket[2].txt
00191644 Cookie/adultfriendfinder TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@adultfriendfinder[1].txt
00286736 Cookie/Cgi-bin TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@www6.addfreestats[1].txt
01262593 Application/NirCmd.A HackTools No 0 Yes No C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
SUSPECTS
starkansaw

Unread postby Katana » December 15th, 2007, 6:09 pm

There is nothing there that would cause any problems, it may be a sign of a hardware fault about to happen.
How old is the machine ?
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby starkansaw » December 15th, 2007, 6:26 pm

It's around 2 years old
starkansaw

Unread postby Katana » December 15th, 2007, 6:39 pm

It may just need a clean, dust can build up inside and cause overheating.

sorry, but I can't help you with that :lol:

If you give it a clean, and you are still having problems you could try one of the "tech" help forums.
Bleepingcomputer and Castlecops have good tech forums.

Let them know that you have been checked out here, and that there is no malware evident.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!