Many times an infection will disable an antivirus program so it can drop it's ware's. Everything looks good as far as I can see.
Just need to tidy things up and give some help to prevent this in the future.
Update Adobe Reader
Recently there have been vunerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version. Adobe Reader 8.
You can download it from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
If you already have Adobe PhotoshopÂ® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UN[b/]check the box which says Also Download Adobe PhotoshopÂ® Album Starter Edition.
[b]Uninstall Unnecessary Tools/Files
SmitfraudFix from your Desktop
SafeBootKeyRepair.exe from your desktop
These were problem specific and were not intended for everyday use.
Flush System Restore
Go to Start
> All Programs
> System Tools
> System Restore
Select Create a Restore Point
, and then click Ok
Next, go to Start
and type in cleanmgr
Select the More Options
Choose the option to Clean Up System Restore
and select OK
This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created
This is my post for when you are All Clean
- which you seem to be.
But to help protect you against further infections, and also to help prevent criminals using your computer to infect other people's computers on the web, I recommend the following: (You may already have some of the items or completed steps)
Make your Internet Explorer more secure
- This can be done by following these simple instructions:
Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently
- From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
- Click once on the Security tab
- Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
- Click once on the Custom Level button.
- Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
- Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
- Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
- Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
- Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
- Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
- When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
- If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
- Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
- It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com
regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.Set up system to ensure a regular update of the Operating System. Automatically
- On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- Click on Automatic Updates
- Check the option of choice (I use Automatic (Recommended)). If you use dial-up I would recommend using the
Notify Me option so that you can download when you can afford the time and bandwidth overheads.
- Select the Day/Time of choice
- Click Apply
- Click OK